Will Offering A Variety Of Counter-top Edge Profile Options Give Your Showroom The Competitive Edge?
To answer this question we need to look at your customer’s journey and how they came to arrive in your showroom. A new kitchen is a big purchase and investment for any customer. In today’s modern world, with information and research at your fingertips, it is reasonable to assume that your customer will walk through your door having a fair idea of what they like and don’t like, regardless of whether they have made a definitive decision or not. With platforms such as Pinterest allowing the customer to collate ideas of what they like, fabricators are finding their customers requesting certain looks for their home.
One of the fantastic things about a showroom is that it gives customers a chance to touch and feel different looks and finishes to help them see and touch the look up close, to make that decision. If a customer was to walk through the door, having looked at several countertop edges and was torn between the common Z profile look and the more creative shark nose edge that they had seen online. If then all your showroom displayed was the classic Z. They are unlikely to be pushed towards that more expensive look, without being able to experience it in reality. It is simple really showcase the look you want to sell and make it easier for your customer to do business with you.
Let’s have a look at some of those popular countertop edge looks and the profiles you will need to achieve them.
The Z Profile Look
Using the CNC Z Profile
The Z profile is a common kitchen countertop edge look. The slight sloped top edge takes the harsh sharp corner away from a simple square cut, while still keeping the traditional sleek and modern look. Simple and classic, there is no surprise that this is a popular choice and the go-to standard for a lot of contract work.
Using the CNC Bullnose profile
The bullnose look is both classic and timeless. This particular look never goes out of style and can be found in a wide variety of kitchens. The Bullnose cuts a 35mm bore around the edge of the countertop creating an elegant curved countertop edge.
Using the CNC Ogee Profile
The ogee edge is a traditional look, giving an air of sophistication to any kitchen. With a sharper edge transitioning into a smoother rounder edge, the ogee is sure to make a statement in any kitchen and is very popular for kitchen islands.
Using the CNC Cove Profile
The cove is very similar to the Ogee in that it starts with a more definitive edge and moves towards a more rounded bottom. The subtle difference here is that the jump between the two is much more defined in the cove.
Using the CNC Waterfall Profile
The waterfall countertop edge profile look is the more extravagant of the range and certainly wouldn’t look out of place in a traditional grand kitchen.
The Shark Nose
Using CNC Shark Nose profile
The shark nose countertop edge gets its name (as you might expect) due to the fact that the edge looks a little like a shark’s nose. This contemporary look is at home in most modern kitchens, giving that extra touch of class and is usually found in kitchens with handleless cabinates.
A waterfall Island
Using the CNC Y30 Profile
This is where it gets slightly confusing. The new craze to sweep kitchens across the country is the waterfall kitchen island, not to be confused with the CNC profile edge called the waterfall. This effect has the appearance of the stone running over the edge to the floor, like a waterfall. You can achieve this look using the CNC Y30 Profile which will mitre a 45° angle into the stone allowing you to join them together. You would then polish in a rounded corner to give the effect that the stone is simply flowing down around the corner.
Lamented - The Custom Option
This effect is achieved with a double edge allowing the customer to create their own statement countertop edge. The particular one above is showing a waterfall and an ogee combination. The double edge gives the appearance of a thicker stone, which will give an air of quality to the kitchen.
Don’t have a CNC Machine?
Do not worry, we have a wide variety of hand edging profiles available for you to show off your skills to your customers. Talk to our sales team today who will be happy to talk you through the range.
Stonegate Precision Tooling, the UK's most trusted supplier...
Here at Stonegate Precision Tooling, we've had the privilege of working with stone fabricators across both the UK and worldwide in providing them with the most innovative tooling and consumables for stone. Our work with stone fabricators has given us the first-hand expertise our customers need when choosing a key supplier to provide them with the essentials to keep them in business.
Through aiming for 100% customer satisfaction we exceed in honesty, loyalty and integrity whilst ensuring that our high-quality, performance products are available whenever our customers need them - 98% of our customers receive their orders on the next day; on time, in full. We work hard with all our customers to provide a service that ensures our customers experience value in all that we do and it's this commitment that has enabled Stonegate to become the UK's most trusted provider of specialist products and knowledge to stone fabricators.
Further reading on the Stonegate Tooling Blog:
- REACH Regulations - What You Need To Know: Better understand the new REACH Regulations and what your responsibilities when it comes to compliance are!
- Safely Moving Stone In Your Workshop: Learn how to better lift and handle stone to avoid the risk of injury to your team.
- Understanding The Dangers Of Stone Dust: Silica dust is an everyday risk for stone fabricators but its dangers simply can't be underestimated, read more from Stonegate.
- Stonegate, The UK's Most Trusted Provider Of Specialist Tooling To Stone Fabricators: Discover how Stonegate supports your business with our commitment to being the very best.
- How Our Next-Day Stone Tools Stock Keeps You In Business: Read how our unbeatable supply is essential to keep your business running and what we do to constantly ensure you have the products you need.
- Stonegate, The Exclusive Worldwide Distributor For Status Diamond Tooling!: We're thrilled to provide the world's most innovative CNC tools from leading brand, Status Diamond Tooling.
- Stone Slab Protection Film: Exploring SlabWrap©: Explore more from our range of stone slab protection products to make your business more efficient and profitable.
- 10 quick tips for stone cutters: 10 quick tips for cutting stone, from the experts
- All you need to know about Textured Workstop: A lowdown on the different varietys of texture and how to achieve them
- Quartz vs Granite: A Countertop Derby: A unique look at these two kitchen surfaces