Stonegate Precision Tooling Delivers on Quality
Stonegate Precision Tooling has always prided itself on providing quality tooling and service to its customers. With the new ISO 9001:2015 certification Stonegate has now made a commitment to that goal. Operations Manager Alan Pollard tells us more about the decision to apply for the accreditation.
“The decision was made to go for the standard as it requires the business to periodically audit our quality processes that provide the objective feedback which is required to improve any processes that will keep Stonegate focused on our goals.”
The ISO is an international standard which specifies requirements for a quality management system. This ensures that any company, like Stonegate, who become accredited must ensure it continues to meet that standard, in order to keep the award.
To achieve the standard Stonegate had to demonstrate the following Criteria:
- Records of training, skills, experience and qualifications
- Product /service requirements review records
- Characteristics of products and the services to be provided
- Records about customer property
- Production /service provision change control records
- Record of conformity of product/service with acceptance criteria
- Record of non-conforming outputs
- Monitoring measurement results
- Internal audit program
- Results of internal audits
- Results of the management review
- Results of corrective actions
- Procedure for determining context of the organization and interested parties
- Procedure for addressing risks and opportunities
- Procedure for competence, training and awareness
- Procedure of equipment maintenance and measuring equipment
- Procedure for document and record control
- Sales procedure
- Procedure for production and service provision
- Warehousing procedure
- Procedure for management of non-conformities and corrective actions
- Procedure for monitoring customer satisfaction
- Procedure for internal audit
- Procedure for management review
Stonegate worked very closely with Qualiform, a business that understands the international standards and what is required to achieve them. They helped Stonegate to identify key areas of improvement required and created a bespoke quality management system manual to help them gain the award.
To maintain the standard Stonegate must demonstrate their dedication to continuously improve the suitability adequacy & effectiveness of the quality management systems while constantly reviewing and evaluating to determine new needs or opportunities. The monitoring of the below are essential maintenance;
- Goals and metrics
Setting goals on various levels and using metrics to measure performance.
- Customer feedback
Measuring what customers think about the company and its products or services.
- Internal audits
Periodical evaluating if the company still meets all ISO 9001 requirements.
- Corrective action
Systematic identification of underlying causes of existing problems and then correcting these causes.
- Risk management
A systematic search for potential risks and correcting their underlying causes before the problems can occur.
- Opportunity management
A systematic search for opportunities and implementing those that promise the best results.
- Management review
Management's periodical review of key business indicators and planning of improvement initiatives.
By achieving this standard Stonegate can continue to improve its internal management by producing less waste and increase efficiency, productivity and profit. Stonegate’s customers can have the confidence that their tooling supplier has made this commitment to ensure they receive exceptional service built on quality. Focused on minimising mistakes, improving communications and proving quality tooling and service.
This provides customers with trust in their supplier that they will receive not only a quality product but also that their order will be on time and in full.
Stonegate Precision Tooling, the UK's most trusted supplier...
Here at Stonegate Precision Tooling, we've had the privilege of working with stone fabricators across both the UK and worldwide in providing them with the most innovative tooling and consumables for stone. Our work with stone fabricators has given us the first-hand expertise our customers need when choosing a key supplier to provide them with the essentials to keep them in business.
Through aiming for 100% customer satisfaction we exceed in honesty, loyalty and integrity whilst ensuring that our high-quality, performance products are available whenever our customers need them - 98% of our customers receive their orders on the next day; on time, in full. We work hard with all our customers to provide a service that ensures our customers experience value in all that we do and it's this commitment that has enabled Stonegate to become the UK's most trusted provider of specialist products and knowledge to stone fabricators.
Further reading on the Stonegate Tooling Blog:
- REACH Regulations - What You Need To Know: Better understand the new REACH Regulations and what your responsibilities when it comes to compliance are!
- Safely Moving Stone In Your Workshop: Learn how to better lift and handle stone to avoid the risk of injury to your team.
- Understanding The Dangers Of Stone Dust: Silica dust is an everyday risk for stone fabricators but its dangers simply can't be underestimated, read more from Stonegate.
- Stonegate, The UK's Most Trusted Provider Of Specialist Tooling To Stone Fabricators: Discover how Stonegate supports your business with our commitment to being the very best.
- How Our Next-Day Stone Tools Stock Keeps You In Business: Read how our unbeatable supply is essential to keep your business running and what we do to constantly ensure you have the products you need.
- Stonegate, The Exclusive Worldwide Distributor For Status Diamond Tooling!: We're thrilled to provide the world's most innovative CNC tools from the leading brand, Status Diamond Tooling.
- Stone Slab Protection Film: Exploring SlabWrap©: Explore more from our range of stone slab protection products to make your business more efficient and profitable.
- 10 quick tips for stone cutters: 10 quick tips for cutting stone, from the experts
- All you need to know about Textured Workshop: A lowdown on the different varieties of texture and how to achieve them
- Quartz vs Granite: A Countertop Derby: A unique look at these two kitchen surfaces