Stonegate Goes ECO-Friendly
Environmental impact is a concern amongst most forward-looking businesses and Stonegate is no exception. Stonegate’s operations team are fully embracing Lean strategies, working hard to drive down waste and deliver more value to their customers. With this in mind, they have reworked their packing and recycling processes to not only drive down waste and save money but also to have a better impact on the world around us.
With the investment in a cardboard shredding machine, all cardboard received into our goods-in department is shredded and used to pack our materials in dispatch. This has not only saved in cardboard recycling but also in most cases eliminating the need for the plastic packaging that damages our environment. It is not only the cardboard that is recycled. Any additional packaging that our manufacturers have packed the tools in, will also be reused when sending out tools to customers.
Stonegate’s Operations Manager Alan Pollard tells us more,
“As a business, we were extremely conscious of making the changes required to do our part in protecting the environment due to the current worldwide issues. One of our core values is to reduce the impact we have on the global environment so to undertake a project on how we could identify waste through improving our packaging process was paramount as to what we wanted to achieve”.
These small and simple changes add up to a big impact. With an average of 40+ orders a day shipped from the Stonegate warehouse this all adds up to a big saving for mother nature. So, when you order tooling from Stonegate now, you can be sure to not only receive quality tooling and expert knowledge but also you will be doing your bit to help the environment too.
Stonegate Precision Tooling, the UK's most trusted supplier...
Here at Stonegate Precision Tooling, we've had the privilege of working with stone fabricators across both the UK and worldwide in providing them with the most innovative tooling and consumables for stone. Our work with stone fabricators has given us the first-hand expertise our customers need when choosing a key supplier to provide them with the essentials to keep them in business.
Through aiming for 100% customer satisfaction we exceed in honesty, loyalty, and integrity whilst ensuring that our high-quality, performance products are available whenever our customers need them - 98% of our customers receive their orders on the next day; on time, in full. We work hard with all our customers to provide a service that ensures our customers experience value in all that we do and it's this commitment that has enabled Stonegate to become the UK's most trusted provider of specialist products and knowledge to stone fabricators.
Further reading on the Stonegate Tooling Blog:
- REACH Regulations - What You Need To Know: Better understand the new REACH Regulations and what your responsibilities when it comes to compliance are!
- Safely Moving Stone In Your Workshop: Learn how to better lift and handle stone to avoid the risk of injury to your team.
- Understanding The Dangers Of Stone Dust: Silica dust is an everyday risk for stone fabricators but its dangers simply can't be underestimated, read more from Stonegate.
- Stonegate, The UK's Most Trusted Provider Of Specialist Tooling To Stone Fabricators: Discover how Stonegate supports your business with our commitment to being the very best.
- How Our Next-Day Stone Tools Stock Keeps You In Business: Read how our unbeatable supply is essential to keep your business running and what we do to constantly ensure you have the products you need.
- Stonegate, The Exclusive Worldwide Distributor For Status Diamond Tooling!: We're thrilled to provide the world's most innovative CNC tools from leading brand, Status Diamond Tooling.
- Stone Slab Protection Film: Exploring SlabWrap©: Explore more from our range of stone slab protection products to make your business more efficient and profitable.
- 10 quick tips for stone cutters: 10 quick tips for cutting stone, from the experts
- All you need to know about Textured Worktops: A lowdown on the different varieties of texture and how to achieve them
- Quartz vs Granite: A Countertop Derby: A unique look at these two kitchen surfaces
- Understanding The Dangers Of Stone Dust
- Safely Moving Stone In Your Workshop, Stone Lifting and Handling
- REACH Regulations - What You Need To Know
- Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome: You Could Be Fined Up To £400,000 For Ignoring The Risks
- Australian Government ban the dry cutting of Engineered Quartz