Stone Slab Protection Film: Exploring SlabWrap©
Stone Slab Protection Film: Exploring SlabWrap© and SlabWrap© 'Protect'
SlabWrap© Stone Protection Film truly is one of those cases where the simplest innovation really can add the most value to those who use it. The idea for SlabWrap© was born when out customers kept coming to us looking for stain removers after the surface became dirty following edge polishing. We work closely with Federchemicals, world-renowned for their ability to create the very best chemicals and treatments for stone surfaces, but even they found that such deeply embedded stains were exceptionally difficult to treat.
One thing we were really interested in was what could be causing such deeply-embedded staining within the stone's surface, the answer was simple - high pressure and dirty water. Our research found that as the stone slab is moved through the edge polishers the rollers have to exert a huge amount of force onto the stone to keep it rolling. This pressure, combined with the wastewater expelled by the polisher, means that dirty water is literally forced deep into the stone. It's this process that stains the surface.
SlabWrap© provides a much-needed protective layer against the pressure of your edge polisher rollers that can embed slurry and dust deep into the surface of the stone. Many will know from experience that this staining can even be permanent, ruining the slab entirely. SlabWrap© acts as a tough, waterproof layer that prevents damage to the stone's surface and is easily applied and removed with no messy residue left behind. What's more, the film won't interfere with your edge polisher meaning risk-free protection.
How SlabWrap© Works:
SlabWrap© is available in two sizes, the standard SlabWrap© is 150mm wide and our latest addition to the range, SlabWrap© 'Protect' is 600mm wide. 'Protect' has been designed to act as a unique, flexible protective wrapping for stone slabs during storage and transportation.
Think you could benefit from the SlabWrap© range? Get in touch today!
Stonegate Precision Tooling, the UK's most trusted supplier...
Here at Stonegate Precision Tooling, we've had the privilege of working with stone fabricators across both the UK and worldwide in providing them with the most innovative tooling and consumables for stone. Our work with stone fabricators has given us the first-hand expertise our customers need when choosing a key supplier to provide them with the essentials to keep them in business.
Through aiming for 100% customer satisfaction we exceed in honesty, loyalty and integrity whilst ensuring that our high-quality, performance products are available whenever our customers need them - 98% of our customers receive their orders on the next day; on time, in full. We work hard with all our customers to provide a service that ensures our customers experience value in all that we do and it's this commitment that has enabled Stonegate to become the UK's most trusted provider of specialist products and knowledge to stone fabricators.
Further reading on the Stonegate Tooling Blog:
- REACH Regulations - What You Need To Know: Better understand the new REACH Regulations and what your responsibilities when it comes to compliance are!
- Safely Moving Stone In Your Workshop: Learn how to better lift and handle stone to avoid the risk of injury to your team.
- Understanding The Dangers Of Stone Dust: Silica dust is an everyday risk for stone fabricators but its dangers simply can't be underestimated, read more from Stonegate.
- Stonegate, The UK's Most Trusted Provider Of Specialist Tooling To Stone Fabricators: Discover how Stonegate supports your business with our commitment to being the very best.
- How Our Next-Day Stone Tools Stock Keeps You In Business: Read how our unbeatable supply is essential to keep your business running and what we do to constantly ensure you have the products you need.
- Stonegate, The Exclusive Worldwide Distributor For Status Diamond Tooling!: We're thrilled to provide the world's most innovative CNC tools from leading brand, Status Diamond Tooling.