Choosing Your Diamond Bridge Saw Blades
Choosing Your Diamond Bridge Saw Blades
Choosing a new diamond blade is a significant decision for your business. A bridge saw is the heart of your stone production and the blade that you choose to fit needs to cope with the modern pressures of stone production. You want to ensure you are making the right decision so that the stone you are cutting will get a clean cut. Choose the wrong blade and you may find chipping and even breakages may cause you to have to replace the slab, leading to more expense.
So, whether you are looking for a blade to cope with challenging materials such as DEKTON or quartzite, or you’re looking to replace your old blade with the latest technology, read this guide to choosing a new diamond blade.
The team at Stonegate are always happy to provide you with advice personal to your situation to help you achieve the best cut possible, so if you want to discuss your choices further give our team a call on 01482 620400.
The material you will be cutting will be your largest consideration when choosing a new diamond bridge saw blade. One size does not fit all.
You may need to choose a blade with a softer bond, more segments or a higher diamond content. With a tricky to cut material like DEKTON, you would definitely want to pick a blade that has been designed with DEKTON in mind.
Stonegate’s DEKTON Range comes certified by Cosentino, which means if the blade is responsible for breaking the slab, then they will replace it for you. With a promise like that you can cut with confidence.
Your choice of blade will also depend on whether you intend to cut wet or dry. This tends to be down to the user's preference, however, with the HSE cracking down on stone dust in factories, we would recommend cutting wet to help control the risk.
Wet cutting, however, isn’t always possible, in which case you need a blade that will be able to handle the heat generated when you cut dry.
What is your budget? Are you looking for a quality blade that will last and continue to give you a great cut, or a cheap blade to get you through one job? What type of rim do you need? Segmented blades tend to give you a longer life and a lower cost per cut than a continuous blade, but they do come with a higher outlay.
There is a lot of science behind your diamond blade, lots of elements working together to give you the perfect cut. It is important to understand how your blade works in order to use it properly and select the one that is right for you. Check out our other blog ‘Diamond Blades: The Science behind the technology’ for a helpful look into what makes your diamond blade cut.
Are you ready to make your selection? Shop for blades in the cutting section of our store now.
Stonegate Precision Tooling, the UK's most trusted supplier...
Here at Stonegate Precision Tooling, we've had the privilege of working with stone fabricators across both the UK and worldwide in providing them with the most innovative tooling and consumables for stone. Our work with stone fabricators has given us the first-hand expertise our customers need when choosing a key supplier to provide them with the essentials to keep them in business.
Through aiming for 100% customer satisfaction we exceed in honesty, loyalty, and integrity whilst ensuring that our high-quality, performance products are available whenever our customers need them - 98% of our customers receive their orders on the next day; on time, in full. We work hard with all our customers to provide a service that ensures our customers experience value in all that we do and it's this commitment that has enabled Stonegate to become the UK's most trusted provider of specialist products and knowledge to stone fabricators.
Further reading on the Stonegate Tooling Blog:
- REACH Regulations - What You Need To Know: Better understand the new REACH Regulations and what your responsibilities when it comes to compliance are!
- Safely Moving Stone In Your Workshop: Learn how to better lift and handle stone to avoid the risk of injury to your team.
- Understanding The Dangers Of Stone Dust: Silica dust is an everyday risk for stone fabricators but its dangers simply can't be underestimated, read more from Stonegate.
- Stonegate, The UK's Most Trusted Provider Of Specialist Tooling To Stone Fabricators: Discover how Stonegate supports your business with our commitment to being the very best.
- How Our Next-Day Stone Tools Stock Keeps You In Business: Read how our unbeatable supply is essential to keep your business running and what we do to constantly ensure you have the products you need.
- Stonegate, The Exclusive Worldwide Distributor For Status Diamond Tooling!: We're thrilled to provide the world's most innovative CNC tools from leading brand, Status Diamond Tooling.
- Stone Slab Protection Film: Exploring SlabWrap©: Explore more from our range of stone slab protection products to make your business more efficient and profitable.
- 10 quick tips for stone cutters: 10 quick tips for cutting stone, from the experts
- All you need to know about Textured Worktops: A lowdown on the different varieties of texture and how to achieve them
- Quartz vs Granite: A Countertop Derby: A unique look at these two kitchen surfaces
- Understanding The Dangers Of Stone Dust
- Safely Moving Stone In Your Workshop, Stone Lifting and Handling
- REACH Regulations - What You Need To Know
- Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome: You Could Be Fined Up To £400,000 For Ignoring The Risks
- Australian Government ban the dry cutting of Engineered Quartz